Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Dinner with friends

We have made new friends in the last week or two~they are another American family here in Cambridge from Pennsylvania. We met them at Eden (our church) and knew that we would like them right away.


They had us for dinner tonight, and after a lovely meal, we played cards! They taught us how to play 'Penuchle' and while Mary and I fought valiantly to win, Jim and James beat us fairly. (I would like to comment however that James is a mathematician and so (I feel) had an edge on us.) We will have a rematch!


Mary and I have also played Boggle, much to my delight. This is one of my favorite games~and she is very kind to play with me when she is such a pro!

While the adults played, our children had fun playing hide-and-seek. Libby (13) very sweetly took pictures of the event so I could play our game. Their daughter Rachel is a very direct answer to prayer for our Julia. They have connected very well, and really enjoy spending time together as friends.



A good time was had by all


Off for home to call Pappa King for his birthday!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Yeah for new friends!! You all look wonderful; and wonderfully happy! I didn't recognize Jim at first sitting beside you at the card game, Lisa...I thought it was the "new friend"! I think it makes him look very studious. :) Hope the chapter is going well, Jim. You are NOT missing anything in the way of weather, as I'm sure Pappa King has told you! BRrrrrr!
Nanc

Teacherperson said...

I didn't get any of the linen closet shots. How funny!

And, I posted a new entry today since I'm far behind in my posts. But now, I have to finish this teacher's manual entry so I can be free for the evening to eat pizza, drink soda, and watch videos!

Thanks for a super evening. We will eventually reign supreme in pinochle. But, It might take a bit. James is a real card shark. Hee hee.