Thursday, January 17, 2008

A special surprise

A package arrived today. This happens rarely for us, one reason being, I'm sure, because it is astronomically expensive to send things via mail. Here is the precious package~


Our children were beside themselves, and could barely wait in anticipation for this great "unwrapping."


Thank-you Mark, Nancy, James, Amy, Josh and Sara. Each gift was absolutely perfect.

Julia says: Thank you Mrs. Ahrenholz for the cursive sheets, I am going to start working on them right away! (Julia has been sad because she is the only child in her class who hasn't learned cursive, since they start a year later in the States. Thanks Nanc, this is a wonderful gift, I am thrilled too!)

Claire says: Thank you Ahrenholz's for the presents. I miss you a lot Amy. I'm glad you gave me the Nicki book because I really wanted it. I am glad because there is already a new American girl doll of the year, and I wanted to read Nicki from last year.

Andrew says: I love you Ahrenholz's and I miss you. Thank you that I can have Bob the Builder. Thank you for the Bob the Builder present. Hi Josh and James and Josh. I love Josh. "Do you love James?" YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for Julia and Sarah and Clairie and me and Mommy to have the presents.

Sarah says: I love it! I love the tatoos that you gave me!

Lisa says: Sara, I love the picture you sent for me to finish coloring! I can't wait to do it~I also quickly snagged the 2 Lindt chocolate balls, because I am SURE you meant those for me)

Thanks again dear friends~we love you and miss you!



P.S. I (Jim) just read this, and this is the first I've heard of Lindt balls! So I'm asking, "Wait a minute! 2 Lindt balls, 2 adults??? Hmm, are you sure about that, Lisa??" I suppose that's what I get for working late tonight. :-/

And James, what's so funny about my beard?

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Dear Claire,
I miss you too. You're welcome for the Nicki book. I think you will really like it (I did)
Love, Amy
Dear Sarah,
You're welcome for the presents I put in the purse. I miss you.
Love, Sara
(The girls are up later than the boys tonight! They'll see it tomorrow.)
Jim, you will be rewarded. Just finish that next chapter and we'll see what we can arrange!

Chris said...

This blog made me giggle! Brad would have known there had been chocolate in the house, he just knows!
It is precious to hear your children appreciate the special gifts from the Ahrenholz family.
We miss you too!
Chris