Monday, March 31, 2008

The back garden

Spring is here. And as always, one of my all time favorite things to do is meander through a garden store or flower nursery. Today we went to a lovely place in Coton and picked out several six-flats of pansies and a few primroses and set to work sprucing up the back garden!

Julia did a great job with her pot arrangement~

Claire and her new friend Frances worked very hard pulling weeds and preparing the soil for all the pansies.

When it was time to plant in earnest, I had no limit of helpers! As you can probably see, the length of our little garden was just able to squeeze in each child!


Sarah told me she was going to grow up to be a "Garden Girl." Julia told me that she wanted to have a house someday with as many gardens as Nanna King. Claire told me she wasn't sure she was intended to weed her whole life. Andrew only stepped on one plant.


A good day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Richard said...

I am so envious! It snowed 6 inches today :)I cannot wait to get out into the soil and plant some flowers...love, m

Teacherperson said...

Pretty pretty! Do they mulch in home gardens in England? I've not really noticed yet.

Only one plant stepped on? That's a good record! Thanks for playing with Rachel today.