Friday, March 21, 2008

a lovely surprise~

Dinner at Anchor Inn, Sutton Gault~


We were treated to an amazing meal! My highlight was the bacon-wrapped dates, one of my favorite treats~and 'lemon posset' a classic English pudding. Jim's favorite? The cod, and then the apple-sultana roulade! Needless to say, we were stuffed!

Highly recommend it, but the friends made all the difference~

And here was a lovely surprise, 40 presents for my birthday! It took the whole evening to open them all~


There were many joke gifts, at least that's what I want to believe with all the 'anti-aging' paraphernalia!


Jim and I drove home so full, and so thankful that God has continued to bestow His kindness on us through dear fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.


Thank you dear friends, a night (and meal) we will never forget!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Teacherperson said...

That looks like such a wonderful time. God bless F and A!