Wednesday, April 2, 2008

To Pray

"Eternal Father of my soul, let my first thought today be of Thee, let my first impulse be to worship Thee, let my first speech be Thy name, let my first action be to kneel before Thee in prayer.

For Thy perfect wisdom and perfect goodness:
For the love wherewith Thou lovest mankind:
For the love wherewith Thou lovest me:
For the great and mysterious opportunity of my life:
For the indwelling of Thy Spirit in my heart:
For the sevenfold gifts of Thy Spirit:
I praise and worship Thee, O Lord."

excerpt from John Baillie's "A Diary of Private Prayer" morning prayer, First Day

1 comment:

Sha said...

First dear friends, I need to tell how much I have been enjoying your blog and catching up on your family, daily! Lisa, you've done such an amazing job.....I have used some days as history lessons for the boys and others laughed so hard with you all! We have all fallen in love with each of your children and so look forward to the day we can all be together!

When I read this prayer I couldn't help but comment because it was such a familiar prayer. Olena Mae gave that book to Dave many years ago and I stole it and have used it for many years myself. What sweet depth this dear man prayed with!

Much love to you all! Sha