Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Waiting~

"Wait for the Lord;
be strong, and let your heart
take courage;
wait for the Lord!"
Psalm 27:14

"The heart of a man plans his way,
but the Lord establishes his steps."
Proverbs 16:9

"Fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my
righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10

We are waiting to see what God has for us next. I would be the first to say that waiting is not easy. My natural inclination is to want to know right away how our future will lay itself out. I would love to know what place, job, church, house and schools we will be heading into next. But, God is waiting to tell us. Since I know that His timing is always perfect I am reminding myself daily of these verses, and the truth that He has exquisitely laid out the timing for WHEN to tell me of His future plans for us.

Our children consistently are saying things like "When Jesus tells us where we are to go next, could we get a: (choose one) "trampoline? Horse? Dog? My own bedroom?" And our answer is often to say, "Pray about it, if God wants us to have a horse, then He would provide a barn." I must admit I am not praying for a barn, but then again, I don't doubt that God would give us one on behalf of our girls and their prayers! I appreciate my children and their faith. It is sweetly confident and utterly dependent on Jesus. My more "mature" faith requires the discipline of "thinking rightly" and being in the Word daily for me to move forward with a similar confidence.


A last verse~

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil. to give you a future and a hope."
Jeremiah 29:11

We look forward to sharing with you, when He tells us, what His plans for us are!

3 comments:

Teacherperson said...

I'd go with the trampoline.

Chris said...

I like you Lisa.

Nancy said...

I understand this child-like faith too: It is getting me into some things in our new home (whenever God tells us where it is) also. Like a basketball hoop. And a flat driveway. A fenced yard for the dog... Hmmm, right now I'd settle for a house with my husband and children in it, before that list gets too long! :) Your reflection on "mature" faith reminds me to think rightly. Our Heavenly Father loves to give us good gifts and when we see it is from his hand, so much better!