Thursday, May 15, 2008

The drive home~

I normally wouldn't do a blog about our drive home, but something interesting happened that sufficiently warrants an entry.

Mary and I were stuck in a traffic jam (caused by a "horse trials" competition) on the way through the Peak District. No problem, we decided to take another road.

We were a bit concerned when we encountered this road, clearly shown on our map~


Since it didn't look like much of a road, we of course checked out the map again~


Yep, the road is there alright~on we go~

I thought the grass was beginning to get a bit high~


Wouldn't it be funny if this road just ended?

Ha-Ha~



We told the cows to stop laughing at us.

After much concerted prayer, I then proceeded to back all the way back down the lane (quite a ways) with Mary walking beside me. We opened a cow gate and tried to turn around, but couldn't quite do that. SO, we kept backing down the "road."

FINALLY we were at the end of the lane! When I tried to turn the car around I got stuck, one wheel spinning in the grass, hovering on a little precipice.

Mary walked into town and found two guys to help get us out. EGADS.

We are now home safe and sound! Praise the Lord.

3 comments:

Teacherperson said...

I think I could write a whole Psalm about praising the Lord for that one!

Who knew an atlas could have so many uses?

Teacherperson said...

Oh, and I need the address for D's blog, if you can supply it!

Nancy said...

Lisa, Lisa, Lisa,

...and I thought missing the familiar turn back to Wheaton after a weekend in Lake Geneva was bad. Or you calling me from somewhere in Blaine and my navigating you home by phone. But this one really
takes the cake!! I am so glad you travel with a buddy.
And the Lord, of course!