Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Patience of Faith

Patience is more than endurance. A saint's life is in the hands of God like a bow and arrow in the hands of an archer. God is aiming at something the saint cannot see, and He stretches and strains, and every now and again the saint says--"I cannot stand any more."


God does not heed. He goes on stretching till His purpose is in sight, then He lets fly. Trust yourself in God's hands. For what have you need of patience just now? Maintain your relationship with Jesus Christ by the patience of faith. "Though He slays me, yet will I wait for Him."


Faith is not a pathetic sentiment, but robust vigorous confidence built on the fact that God is Holy love.

Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest, May 8

3 comments:

Teacherperson said...

Poor, sweet Sarah! I feel just awful for her having to miss out on being here and not feeling well to boot. Poor ducky. No soup for her. Boo.

Nancy said...

This is one of my all-time favorites by Chambers...it's in the front of my journal to remind me he's working on things bigger than what I can see for his own purposes. Thanks for the reminder. I miss you in May, when the flowers are bursting out!

Love, Nanc

Johnstons.in.Cambridge said...

cool bow in arrow I wish I was there