Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Turkey soup for the family

Our family has been sick (or 'ill' as they say here) this week.

Living in such close community with others means that we share many things, germs included. (We have done our share as a family to contribute to the germ pool~) Fortunately, we help each other out in many ways, and I will take away many sweet and kind gestures of care from our friends here. Meals, picking up children from school, extra purchases at the store for us, and the whole shebang.

We had made a turkey a few days back and let me say, homemade turkey (or) chicken soup heals many illnesses. Why is that? I don't know if this is a medical fact, but it certainly is in my mind.

I miss the Reames noodles you can purchase in the freezer section at Cub Foods, but these egg noodles from Tesco worked admirably.


We are all improving . . .

No comments: