Thursday, November 8, 2007

School!

As promised, here are a few pictures of our girls in uniform. The colors of their school are royal blue and grey, with white collared shirts. Claire and Julia are wearing black pants today, but the school isn't too picky as long as they look 'smart.'


Andrew with his friend Virginia (a little girl we bring to school with us). . .

Sarah trying to convince me that she should come home . . .

A teacher rings a bell twice and the children are to queue up . . . .


Once the children are in, Andrew heads over to playgroup (preschool) . . .


Here is one of his favorite things to do there . . . .

I am helping with their Thanksgiving unit, and I must admit it is a bit strange to be in a place that doesn't celebrate it. I am used to stores packed with turkeys and gourds and harvest decorations, but instead England heads straight into Christmas decorations. This will also be the first time that school and work continue on the Thursday/Friday of Thanksgiving week.

We have much to be thankful for this year, and I am looking forward to celebrating with friends here all that God has done. My only dilemma is how to cook a turkey in my tiny oven, so I am going to attempt the grill! We shall see!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hi Lisa,
Thanks for the pictures of the kids, I love the one of all four of your kids standing together. I went to a private school through 8th grade and we had uniforms. Ours were plaid with white blouses. Sure made getting ready for school a quick exercise, maybe we should have work uniforms!
Brad and I pray for your family regularly along with the Schmidts.
Blessings,
Chris