Saturday, February 2, 2008

Claire's special breakfast


I was awakened by a lovely smell wafting up to my bedroom. "Jim is cooking!" I thought with great anticipation. It is Saturday, I don't have to jump out of bed, and breakfast will be a treat this morning!

But I was wrong. While reading to children in my bed, Claire walked in and announced (with great aplomb) "Breakfast is served!"

And such a breakfast it was, all done by my 10-year old chef.

Hot oatmeal, with cinnamon, cardamom and brown sugar on the side~


lovely fruit~


our fresh farm eggs fried up~

and toast!


it was a feast! Well done, Claire!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

WOW Claire!! I wish I could have come to eat some of that feast! :) You are walking right in your Mama's footsteps. What a sweet act of service for your family's joy. Your face shows that you enjoyed it too!
I'm so proud of you!
Love, Mrs. A.

Teacherperson said...

Well done, indeed.

Claire, you rock!

Chris said...

I want to be another who praises Claire for her wonderful act of love for her family. You are special "Lady Claire!"
Chris