Friday, February 8, 2008

Quiet reading time~


As a young mom certain things seemed like they would last forever. At the time, I wondered if I would ever have a moment when I wasn't concerned about my children's physical safety! And things like buckling and unbuckling the carseats, changing another diaper, snapping another onesie, cleaning the high chair tray again were the rhythm of life.

I knew that my children would get older and be able to do these things themselves, but somehow I didn't think that I would turn around one day and discover, they had!

I used to sit and imagine a time when I would tell my children, "please go up to your room, get ready for bed, and then you may have quiet reading time." "Wouldn't that be amazing?" I would say to myself. For some reason, this image would often float through my mind as a "some day that might happen, but it seems a long time off."

Tonight, I had to take a picture of something that is happening in our family. Quiet reading time with three children. The time has come sooner than I expected~

5 comments:

Bren said...

Isn't it great to have them be able to do stuff for themselves? My friends in CrossTraines class often comment on the hope they have when I say "My kids made their lunches this morning or helped me clean." I do have to remind them that my kids were once young and I do remember them needing me - no sometimes I wish they needed me more - only sometimes though.

Teacherperson said...

Love it! Not all of mine are readers by choice, so to see this site would warm my heart, too.

Off to the Polar Museum and Bookmobile today!

Teacherperson said...

Argh! I can't believe I spelled "sight" as "site"! How terribly embarrassing.

Missed you at church this morning. It just wasn't the same without the Johnstons.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend! We're off to London tomorrow (Monday) to take advantage of the warm weather.

Teacherperson said...

Didn't go to London after all today. N's sickly with a cold. Maybe tomorrow or Wednesday...

Enjoy this beautiful weather! I'm inside working on that teacher's manual thing and doing school. Sigh.

Chris said...

Lisa, that picture is worth a thousand words. How precious that you captured that moment.
Chris